The build, learn, grow scholarship is a scholarship program that is pioneered by the Indiana office of early childhood and out-of-school learning and other bodies like early Indiana learning, the Indiana after-school network, and the SPARK learning hub.
The scholarship board is targeted at helping families connect the care and education necessary for children.
This scholarship also helps to cover up to 80% of care costs for children that are up to the age of 12 for qualified families; it is also extending its hand of assistance to parents that are not financially buoyant by helping them pay a portion of before or after-school care or early childhood education for families that are qualified.
The build, learn, grow scholarship program has over 40,000 scholarships awards that are still available for children from birth until the age of 12. As of now, the value of this scholarship cannot be estimated as it is funded and pioneered by different bodies, and it also disburses different amounts of funds to families depending on their income level.
Individuals or families with at least one adult that works in the healthcare, retail, human service, restaurant, food service, media, manufacturing, logistics, and other branches of the essential industry are encouraged to apply irrespective of their earnings as the funds that would be disbursed would be based on the family’s income.
Eligibility Requirement For The Build, Learn, Grow Scholarship
At least one of the parents or an adult in the family serves in the essential industry
The family income meets one of the below-listed requirements
- The family is eligible for CCDF if their current income is less than 128% of the federal poverty level
- 80% of the family’s cost of care is covered if the family’s current income is between 128% and 250% of the federal poverty level
- 60% of the family’s cost of care is covered if the family’s current income is between 250% and 400% of the federal poverty level
- 20% of the family’s cost of care is covered if the family’s current income is more than 400% of the federal poverty level.
- The family has submitted an application to a qualified program
- Has child(ren) within the age range of 0 to 12 years old.
- And show proof of financial support.
How To Apply For The Build, Learn, Grow Scholarship
- Families are told to complete the application form for the build, learn, grow scholarship on https://brighterfuturesindiana.org/scholarships/families
- Proceed to submit their application to their early care and education provider
- Await a response from the scholarship board.
NOTE: Families that are not currently connected to an early care and education program will find a list of participating programs on the scholarship’s website and also on the eligibility page of the scholarship site.
Need additional information concerning this scholarship? Then you can do that by visiting the scholarship website. You can also reach out to the scholarship board by sending out an email to Solutioncenter@earlylearningindiana.org.