The Utah Jazz scholarship application for 2022 is underway. Are you hoping to slide in your application when the forms are out before the deadline or do you have some questions regarding the award program that you need answers to?
Well, your answers are here.
The Utah Jazz Scholarship Fund
Out of curiosity, you might wonder how the Utah Jazz Scholarship is being funded and how much money is given to every award student.
The NBA Utah Jazz team sponsors scholarship programs for students from the proceeds of every game they win in the season. For each Jazz team’s win in the 2021-22 season, the Utah Jazz delivered a full, 4-year scholarship to students from a less represented group.
And they’ve decided to extend the scholarship for another season!
That implies for every victory the Utah Jazz has during the 2021 – 2022 season, a fully paid scholarship will be granted to students in need.
Thirty scholarships representing the team’s first 30 wins last season were awarded for the 2021 – 2022 school year. The remaining 31 scholarships, representing the rest of the team’s wins last year, as well as scholarships that result from additional wins this season, will be awarded beginning with the 2022-2023 school year.
Benefits of Utah Jazz scholarship 2022
The scholarship will cover up to the full cost of attendance for each recipient’s undergraduate study at one of Utah’s six universities, including tuition, books, fees, and room and board.
What are the requirements to get a Utah Jazz scholarship, and how can you be eligible? Well, it’s straightforward.
You must be:
- A Utah high school graduate
- A black person of color (Black or African-American, Asian or Pacific Islander, Native American, Hispanic or Latinx, Alaskan Native)
- Those who have proved financial necessity are prioritized (regardless of FAFSA eligibility)
- First-generation college students are given priority.
- An incoming fresher enlisting as a full-time student for the 2022-23 school year.
Brigham Young University, University of Utah, Southern Utah University, Utah Valley University, Weber State University, and Utah State University are among the six Utah universities listed to handle admissions.
How to Apply
Visit the website and begin your application now.
During the application process, you will be requested to provide the following information:
- A recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, coach, or mentor is required (please note that the letter of recommendation cannot come from a family member or relative)
- Unofficial transcript from high school
- Financial assistance information, such as a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), Student Aid Report (SAR).
- A one- to two-minute video (may be taken on a mobile phone, Zoom, etc.) in which the applicant responds to ONE of the following prompts:
- Discuss a challenge you faced and how you overcame it.
- What do you want to do once you’ve graduated from college?
- Who in your life has had a significant impact on you? Describe the impact they’ve had on you and your relationship with them.
Some of the Universities supported by the Scholarship
Brigham young university (BYU)
Brigham Young University (BYU), founded in 1875, is a private research university established in Provo, Utah. It was formed by Brigham Young, the religious leader of the LDS Church.
Liberal arts, engineering, agriculture, management, physical and mathematical sciences, nursing, and law are just a few of the academic degrees available at BYU. There are 186 undergraduate majors, 64 master’s degrees, and 26 doctoral programs available at the university.
It is divided into 11 colleges or schools at its main Provo site, with particular colleges and divisions setting their own admissions standards. The institution also runs two satellite campuses in Jerusalem and Salt Lake City, and its parent organization, the Church Educational System (CES), runs sister schools in Hawaii and Idaho. The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities has granted the university accreditation.
Southern Utah University (SUU)
Southern Utah University (SUU) is a public university in Cedar City, Utah. Southern Utah University, which began as a normal school in 1897, currently graduates approximately 1,900 students every year with bachelor’s and graduate degrees from its 6 colleges. More than 100 undergraduate degrees and 19 graduate programs are open at SUU, and SUU is home to around 10,000 students. The Utah Summer Games are held at Southern Utah University.
Weber State University
A public university in Ogden, Utah, Weber State University has been accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Weber State University has over 250 certificate and degree programs to choose from.
Utah Jazz Scholarship Winners
The winners of the Utah Jazz scholarship are not kept secret. In fact, they are flaunted all across social media, and you can take a peek at this congratulatory video by NBA stars to the Utah Jazz scholarship winners.